Thank you for your interest in Real Weddings. Our print magazine is published twice a year and we accept photo submissions year-round from photographers and couples for consideration as feature wedding stories. Submitted weddings may also be featured online at RealWeddings.ca and on our social channels.
Entry deadline for online features: ongoing!
Entry deadline for our summer 2020 print issue: May 15, 2020!
Whether you're newly married or a photographer, submit your wedding photos for our next print or digital release! If your wedding has a British Columbia connection and has occurred within the past year, you're eligible to submit. Starting in 2020, Real Weddings will be joining the lineup of Vancouver Magazine as a special collector's section of the magazine, and we want to hear from you! (See below for terms and conditions.)
While we thank everyone for taking the time to share their work with us, we are unfortunately not able to feature every wedding that gets submitted. Only those submissions that have been shortlisted for the magazine and/or website will be contacted. If you have any questions about the submission process, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms & Conditions
1. Submissions will be accepted from both advertisers and non-advertisers herein referred to as the “Photographer(s).” Canada Wide Media Ltd. and Real Weddings are herein referred to as the “Publisher.”
2. The photograph(s) must not have been previously published for commercial use, in print or online, by the Photographer or Other party.
3. Submissions must be at the Publisher’s office by deadline for consideration and will only be reviewed when accompanied by approval of featured couple and photographer via submission form.
4. Acceptable format: Digital only, no more than 50. Submitted files must be minimum 1500 px wide @ 72 dpi, saved at maximum quality. Submit using the form, link above. The Publisher cannot be responsible for lost, damaged, corrupted or unopenable submissions.
5. By submitting any images, the Photographer(s) agrees to full, unrestricted use of submitted photography in any section(s) of any of the Publisher’s publications, print and/or electronic and/or for promotional purposes in accordance with the Publisher’s terms of usage (see item 8). Supplied images may be cropped or otherwise altered, including digital manipulation at the discretion of the Publisher. Full copyright credits will be provided for all usage.
6. By submitting any images the Photographer(s) affirms they are the original photographer; and sole and rightful owner of the image(s); and have acquired any and all model releases.
7. The Photographer(s) represents and warrants that all copy, images, trademarks and any other elements supplied by or on behalf of the Photographer(s), whether submitted in “print-ready” form or produced by the Publisher or their agents, does not and will not violate any law, rule or regulation of any Government authority or infringe upon or violate any trademark or copyright or any right whatsoever of any person or entity. The Photographer(s) and their agent assume all liability and responsibility for any claims arising from any supplied content including text, photography and illustrations and will indemnify and keep harmless the Publisher against any and all liability, costs and expenses, including legal costs, incurred by the Publisher and its agents, arising out of a breach of such representations and warranty.
8. The Publisher’s terms of usage are: The Photographer(s) agrees to grant the Publisher first, exclusive, single usage rights to North American print and web publication for 14 months from the date of submission. This includes all the Publisher’s print and online media outlets. Published images may also be used in context in the Publisher’s advertising and marketing material. The Publisher may use an image of a cover, a page layout or a portion of a page layout in an ad or other self-promotional material with no further permissions required. Photo credits are provided as a byline on the first page of an article or feature, next to an image for non-feature usage, on the masthead page and/or, in the instance of a cover image, within the first eight pages of the publication; in the instance of multiple images used for a feature or multi-page article, the Photographer(s) receives a credit and image on the Contributors Page.
MODEL RELEASE & WAIVER
Canada Wide Media Limited and Real Weddings magazine, hereinafter called the “Publisher” has the right to make unlimited copies of my image for the purpose of appearing in a magazine article. Submitted photos may also be used to support editorial and marketing material in other Canada Wide Media publications.
Notwithstanding, I understand that the Publisher is under no obligation to exercise the aforementioned acquired rights. I will not have, nor will I acquire any right to title or interest of any nature whatsoever with regard to the property in copyright or otherwise in my said contribution.
I understand and agree that the Publisher shall have the right to edit or abridge, in whole or in part, any photographs or other images it may make of my contribution.
I hereby waive any objections that constitute invasion of privacy or otherwise violates any right that I may have in connection with my contribution. I hereby waive my right to bring and prosecute an action for defamation or any similar action.
I agree and hold the Publisher harmless from and against all claims, demand, loss, liability, costs, damages and expenses including legal fees and disbursements, actions for infringement of copyright, including any third-party claims inconsistent with my representations and warranties therein.
I hereby grant the Publisher usage of my image as support, editorial, or marketing opportunities available to the Publisher. I further understand that there is no compensation of any kind for my contribution. I am volunteering my contribution as a model.
I hereby grant the Publisher publication of my full name (first and last names) as required and do not consider it an invasion of privacy.