What fun new beauty products will you get to play with this fall? Last month, we were lucky enough to score an invite to London Drugs’ exclusive fall beauty preview event in Vancouver. There we met with representatives from several top hair, beauty and skincare brands, including Cargo, Revlon, Neostrata and many more.
We came away with an overwhelming amount of info – more than we can squeeze into our blog. But here are just a few of the most interesting finds that are either available now or will make their way into London Drugs beauty departments in the coming weeks:
1. Silk’n ReVit: If you’ve experienced a professional microdermabrasion treatment, you already know how smooth and even-toned your skin can feel. The Silk’n Revit is a handy lightweight device you can use at home to achieve a smooth, healthy complexion. It gently exfoliates to remove dead and damaged skin cells, improving tone, texture and elasticity. $99.99.
2. Emani Perfect 10 Primer Serum: We love the idea of makeup that cares for your skin. This primer serum from Emani Vegan Cosmetics uses natural, organic ingredients like aloe and witch hazel to calm, moisturize and tone. It absorbs excess oils, remove blemish-causing bacteria and helps minimize the appearance of pores. $35.
3. Cargo HD Picture Perfect Concealer: Ready for your close-up? Designed for high-def filming, this water-resistant concealer was created to cover anything you want to hide. The long-wearing formula also contains Visilox to smooth fine lines and wrinkles. $28.
4. Remington T Studio PROtect Straightener: If you straighten your hair regularly, heat damage is always a concern. This new straightener features Vapor Infusion Technology, producing a cool micro-vapor that infuses moisture back into your hair four times faster than steam. You can also use it with a Macadamia Conditioning Treatment (included) for extra soft and smooth results.
5. NYX V’amped Up Lip Top Coat: Is your makeup drawer crammed full with every shade of lipstick? This handy little stick instantly transforms light lip colours into deep shades – a great way for your summer shades to do double-duty in fall and winter. The pencil includes shea butter and vitamin E to smooth and protect. $8.99.
6. Revlon PhotoReady Eye Art: Get set for party season with this dual-ended eye shadow. Available in a range of eye-catching shades, one end contains an easy-to-blend shadow while the other end adds a touch of glamorous sparkle. $11.49.
7. St. Tropez Self Tan Luxe Facial Oil: When the summer sun fades, your colour doesn’t need to. This non-greasy, quick-drying oil is designed to provide a natural-looking tan that lasts up to five days. (Also available in a Dry Oil formula for body.) $43.
8. NeoStrata Acne Clear: This new line of acne products for teen and adult breakouts uses salicylic acid to dry and clear pimples and glycolic acid to exfoliate dead skin cells and prevent blocked pores. The three-step system includes a gel cleanser, clarifying solution and the Glycolic Renewal smoothing lotion. $24.50 & up.
9. Tweezerman Smooth Finish Facial Hair Remover: Sensitive to waxes or cream hair removers? Here’s a handy new tool to add to your beauty arsenal. This efficient hair remover uses a stainless-steel coil spring to grasp unwanted hair and remove it at the root, minimizing regrowth.
10. Sally Hansen Miracle Gel: Imagine not needing to retouch your nails for two weeks... This two-step polish delivers a gel manicure with no light needed. Just brush on two coats of colour, followed by the new and improved top coat, which provides double the volume and up to 14 days of colour and shine but is still quick and easy to remove. $10.99 polish or top coat.